Getting close to the time of year when we do serious previews, but a preseason rematch against the Bobcats does not inspire one. Instead, what follows is some of the many great things on the Web the last few days worth checking out:
• First, we have the blogger previews for the Northwest Division:
Also see links to all the previews at CelticsBlog.com
• I got the chance to have lunch with Kevin Pelton this summer, and he was talking about his plans to revive a PETCOA-style predictor for the NBA. He’s done it. And, when he breaks down the Pacific Division, he says the system really likes the Lakers. Ergo, I think it’s a great system.
• The ESPN Lakers preview is up, where you can she how I answer this question: Lakers down one, 9.2 seconds to play, must-win game. What’s the play?
• Here is the latest (and wrap up) in Little White Statistic’s incredibly detailed breakdown of Kobe’s shooting numbers.
• Who are the Lakers top 10 bench warmers of all time? You have to love any list with Mike Penberthy on it.
• Kurt Streeter did a fantastic Lamar Odom piece for the Los Angeles Times.
• Vote for your favorite NBA blog, by team. (You had better vote for SactownRoyalty.)
• Are the Lakers the logical choice to win the title?