With the Lakers set to retire Kobe’s numbers today, there’s been a ton of great content around the web to celebrate the career of one Kobe Bean Bryant. So, I figured, what better way to help out you, the reader, than to gather up a bunch of good stuff I saw and put it in one place.
With that, enjoy some good reads/tweets/podcasts from around the web on Kobe:
- ESPN’s Baxter Holmes sat down with Kobe and talked about this moment and what it all means to him.
- Friend of the site Alex Wong talked to current and former players about Kobe, his career, some of their favorite moments, and more.
- James Herbert of CBS Sports talked to former Raptors coach Sam Mitchell about that fateful night Kobe went for 81 against his team.
- Speaking of 81, here’s Pete Zayas’ breakdown of the game, including all the technical precision Kobe played with that can easily be forgotten in a game which is most remembered as Kobe simply being a force of nature.
- Marc Stein of the New York Times chronicled Kobe’s career in his latest piece, which also includes an anecdote from Del Harris about the Lakers at one time being interested in teaming Tracy McGrady with Kobe and Shaq.
- Watch all of Kobe’s animated short “Dear Basketball” here.
- Kobe’s best play vs. every NBA team. This was fun.
— NBA (@NBA) December 18, 2017
- Bleacher Report’s Howard Beck — who spent a bunch of time covering Kobe and the Lakers while working for the LA Times — had Derek Fisher on his Full 48 Podcast to talk about Kobe.
- Marc Spears chronicled Kobe’s relationship with the fans in this well done piece at The Undefeated.
- Remember the Kobe and LeBron puppets ads Nike used to run? Well, they brought them back for tonight…
— Nike Basketball (@nikebasketball) December 18, 2017
- Finally, and sorta Kobe related, here’s a nice piece from USA Today’s Sam Amick about Kobe’s former agent, Rob Pelinka, and his approach to rebuilding the Lakers with Magic Johnson.